Has Nick had a bang on the head since his short visit to Rochdale in December?
Is Nick Clegg suggesting that his Lib Dems in Rochdale are not corrupt?
When Nick came to Rochdale did he not see:
- The Cyril Smith Special Branch files relating to Cambridge House sex abuse?
- The mysterious Cyril Smith Friends of Rochdale Liberal Democrats "Fighting fund" double entry book keeping- cash from property speculators that has not been declared?
- Yet more mysterious cash donations to the "Cobden Bright Trust" not available for public scrutiny.
- The significant amounts of cash collected from Rochdale Lib Dem tithes from councillor allowances (10-20%). This must run into tens of thousands of pounds yet nothing has been declared to the Electoral Commission for years.
- Parliamentary cash donated from Paul Rowen's allowances and expenses paid to the regional and national party for "consultancy".
- The envelope stuffing machine that was part paid for with a maximum claim of £6000 of Paul Rowen's allowances.
- Parliamentary cash claimed by Paul Rowen for "advertising" in "Rochdale News" - a political leaflet printed in Derby.
Which sites? Which developers? Any connection with gifts and donations? What role did Paul Rowen personally play in some of these planning consents? Did he lobby Lib Dem members of Rochdale Council planning committee? Which councillors are involved?
We predict that Nick Clegg's smug comments about corruption will come back to haunt him. Soon.